In the round with James House, Will Kimbrough and Robert Vincent.
(That should be a good night.)
It’s a part of the Americana Fest, so with luck you can get a ticket!
This is one of the best “house” concerts, anywhere, anytime, except when it’s raining because it’s not in a house, but outside under the Texas stars.
This is rescheduled from May 11 because of rain. If you have a reservation for that date, they will still apply. But please confirm with firstname.lastname@example.org.
I love these evenings in the Hill Country. Food / Wine / Music…what else could you want?
Food is served at 5:15. I’ll play two sets starting around 7:00.
From the Juniper Hills website.
“In The House”: Dinner with Darden Smith
Our good friend and Austin legend, Darden Smith is back with us for dinner and a concert! These “In The House” concerts are intimate, fun and yummy! Please join us as we welcome Darden back to Juniper Hills Farm!
We are cooking dinner for you tonight, no class, just let us serve you while you enjoy the music. Always let us know if you have dietary needs and we will do our best to accommodate you!
Open seating, doors open at 4:45 pm, dinner served at 5:15 pm
- White Bean and Garlic Hummus with Seasoned Crackers
- Pork Tenderloin Agrodolce with Oven Roasted Autumn Squashes
- Chicken Marsala Meatballs with Buttered Herb Egg Noodles
- Artichoke Parmesan Galette
- Arugula Pear and Walnut Salad with Blue Cheese and Pear Vinaigrette
- Honey Sriracha Brussels Sprouts
- Lemony Lemon Bundt Cake
- Chocolate Whipped Cream Fudge Roll Cake
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 12, 2019 $125. 5:15 PM
For more info and reservations
One-day songwriting workshop at 6-String Ranch
9:00am – 5:00pm
Price – $260
Limited to 15 participants.
6 String Ranch and Austin Vintage Guitars Present:
“Telling It Like It Is”
One-Day SongwritingWorkshop with Darden Smith
“Words make you think a thought. Music makes you feel a feeling. A song makes you feel a thought” — Yip Harburg (“Somewhere Over The Rainbow”)
So how do you get there? How do you make sure that your songs make people feel the right thought?
My goal when I teach a workshop is to pass along some of the lessons I’ve learned over the years on how songs work, and show you a few tricks and steps to get you where you want to be as a writer. While it took me years to learn some of these things, I hope to save you time! I want you to experience a new appreciation of your strengths and talents, and see new possibilities for your songs.
Along with the basics, this workshop will focus on helping you get more clarity into your songs. This is about verse structure, simplicity, word choice and focus.
How the day will go:
– 9:00am – 12:00pm – The basics – An overview of verse/chorus/bridge structure, the importance of rhyme scheme, the value of a good hook, economy of words, melody, starting the song from scratch, the rewrite, dealing with writer’s block, etc., and time for individual writing work.
– 12:00pm – 2:00pm – lunch / rest / individual writing
– 2:00pm – 5:00pm — Tell it like it is, continued! We’ll look at clarity in your lyrics, how to have the song say what you want it to, and ways to make your work more powerful and direct, followed by more writing.
My goal is that each participant leaves the workshop with a brand new song!
* Travel, lodging and meals not included.
For more info, please contact me at dardensmithmusic@gmail or via direct message at facebook.com/dardensmith