When you were in college, wouldn’t it have been great if a songwriter, a musician or an artist had come to your class and talked to you about how to live a more creative life, and how to turn what you love into what you do for a living?
That would’ve helped, wouldn’t it?
The time Darden spent as Artist-In-Residence at Oklahoma State University’s School of Entrepreneurship (2011-2012) and Institute for Creativity and Innovation (2012-2013) illustrated to him how the lessons he has learned as a musician for 30+ years, and his views on art and work (how to make a living at what you love), are very needed messages for today’s college age students.
Sessions can be adapted to a particular focus or group, and whether he is speaking to seminar, classroom or auditorium size audiences, he never fails to inspire and motivate his audience. He combines songs, stories and images to bring his message to life and leave the students forever changed. In most sessions, he writes and records a song with the group.
- Workshops and lecture subjects include:
- Connecting passion and work
- Change and adapting to your environment
- Making a living as an artist
- Creativity in the everyday
- Songwriting in service of others
- The power of your story
Universities that have invited Darden to present include:
- University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX)
- Texas State University (San Marcos, TX)
- University of Houston (Houston, TX)
- Oklahoma State University (Stilllwater, OK)
- Johnson County Community College (Overland Park, KS)
- Fairleigh-Dickenson University (Montclair, NJ)
- Berklee School of Music (Boston, MA)
If you are interested in Darden coming to your campus, please contact him here.