SATURDAY APRIL 15TH
9:30AM – 4:30PM
REGISTRATION AND INFO
What makes a great song?
Practice. Craft. Telling the Truth.
Seems easy, right?
Actually, it takes time and hard work.
This workshop will cover:
• An overview of structure — Verse / Chorus / Bridge
• Clarity in lyrics — Get to the point!
• The importance of meter and form
• How to improve melody
• Building on your writing strengths
• Habits of a successful writing life
MORNING SESSION (9:30AM – 12:30PM)
This session will cover song structure, word choice, lyric clarity, melody and hooks.
AFTERNOON SESSION (1:30PM – 4:30PM)
In the afternoon we will spend time listening to your songs and looking for ways to make them cleaner, more to the point. After that we will talk about best practices for a writing life.
Limited to 15 participants
$250 (includes lunch)