Here’s how it works:
• Dates: June 6, 13, 20, 27
• Time — 12:00 pm Central / 1:00 pm Eastern
• 90 minutes per session (+ / -)
• We’ll be doing this on Zoom
• Fee $250 (Paypal – firstname.lastname@example.org / Venmo – dardensmith-music-art)
What you’ll need:
For the Sessions:
• A laptop, computer, etc. (Phones work, but I find that it’s not a great experience)
• Steady internet to stay in the calls and hear the info, and interact with the class!
• A way to record your songs (phones are completely acceptable)
• Time to work on your songs between sessions, send updates, etc.
In the sessions, we’ll of course be covering the basics (Structure / Verse / Chorus / Bridge, Meter, Melody, etc), but the focus of these classes will be digging deep into lyric clarity, how to mine your own experiences for songs, and how to create the habits and practice of a successful writing life. Over the course of the month, we’ll also be looking at your goals for your writing, and how to create a plan to make those a reality.
There will be assignments each week. My goal is for each participant is to write and record 4 new songs over the course of the month. One new song from each participant will be put on a playlist sent to all participants.
If you have any questions on the class, feel free to get in touch – email@example.com